Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Birthday Celebration That Keeps on Going!


Though my birthday was actually on the 24th of October, it's been a fun few weeks as the celebration has continued! The warm, encouraging cards, notes, phone calls and emails have been so appreciated, and the gifts are treasured reminders of each of you. My sweet group of friends in my Ladies' Bible Study group surprised me with a little party on the Thursday before, with lots of my favorite snacks. Then that weekend was the great Treasure Hunt 2006, at my parents' home and I received sweet gifts from them and Jacob. I had a couple of packages in the mail, from my friends in GA and MD, which were such nice surprises. Then, on my actual birthday, numerous friends stopped by and brought me gifts, leaving them on the back door. Three different times I went out or opened the door to let a cat out, and there was a present! How fun! I also had a flower arrangement that came from my former Bible Study leader, and they were full of beautiful colors. James and the kids and I had a nice lunch at Zoe's, (de-lish!), and then dessert at Edgar's. We all got different treats and my turtle cheesecake was awesome!
The fun continued this week, with another couple of gifts received, and tonight James and I will be able to enjoy a date, courtesy of a gift card to Carrabba's, our favorite special occasion restaurant. Autumn is kindly keeping the kiddos for us, and we're looking forward to a night out! Thank you all for your precious thoughtfulness and generosity. I'm so blessed, and have felt so loved!

No comments:

Welcome!

If you're new to our blog, thanks for stopping by! In the right column, you'll also notice our other blog's link, and on down the column, you can choose topics to read about, or follow our year's highlights in chronological order. We love to have visitors and comments, so feel free to let us know what you thought.