Saturday, January 20, 2007

a little cheer in the middle of a hard week


James brought me these little rays of sunshine this week, and boy, did I need them. Between friends going through hard, hard times and feeling concern for them in their losses, decision making, illnesses, etc. and then dealing with our own issues - balancing work, finances, homeschool, relationships - it's just been a trying time. We're o.k., just sometimes overwhelmed with the yuck part of life, and the fact that God's Word is true - He tells us we're supposed to expect trials and tribulations, and I don't know why I'm surprised when they seem ever-present. These sweet gerbers made me realize there is one huge blessing I am not thankful enough for - my faithful companion, best friend, and incredible partner in life knows me so well and seeing this bouquet each day has been a visual reminder to not take him for granted. Thank you God, for a soulmate with such a beautiful heart to serve his family and others so well!

3 comments:

Graced said...

Here's to next week being better organized, more profitable and much CALMER!

I will be praying for you as you seek reorganization and reprioritization, phew! big words, big work. I know that God will direct you, and I think that you are doing great.
PS I love my rays of sunshine, too and I love remembering my friend who loves me!

Michelle said...

That is so sweet Jennifer. Flowers really do make you feel thought of and loved...esp. when they are from a husband. I hope things feel a little more peaceful for you soon.

Anonymous said...

beautiful gerbers!

Welcome!

If you're new to our blog, thanks for stopping by! In the right column, you'll also notice our other blog's link, and on down the column, you can choose topics to read about, or follow our year's highlights in chronological order. We love to have visitors and comments, so feel free to let us know what you thought.