
Apparently our garden grows with toads visiting, purple finches dining nearby, children playing in the sprinkler, and with lots of lovely handmade plant markers to boot (see Sunday's post)!
I also had to add one of Abigail, wearing the latest in hair fashion...you may have heard of them, but they've never appeared on her head before today. (This is quite a milestone for us, with her very, um, strong opinions about how her hair is appropriately styled). She calls them "pink tails," apparently misunderstanding my silly name of "pig tails," though I tried to correct her several times, eventually giving up.
And, the last anecdote of the day--
We've had some squirrels giving us fits, trying to eat all our birdseed in our numerous feeders. Today, I bought some capsaicin to sprinkle in and hopefully deter them somewhat. The kids said if that didn't work though, we could always just get a porcupine. I replied that I'm not sure why they think porcupines would scare squirrels, but I'm certainly willing to give it a shot. If I just knew where to find one.... Or, maybe Alli the possum slayer could help me out!!
3 comments:
I LOVE YOUR GARDEN PICS!!!
Hey - you need someone to git rid o' dem dere critters? Jest give me a holler and I'll bring my vermit killin' tools to do the job. Yup, a big metal baseball bat and a can of Lysol. amazing.
Seriously, I do love watching my hyper squirrels. They are a pain in my behind at times when they CONSTANTLY eat and dump out the birdseed, but I do think they are fun to watch. Argh! I already said that!
Well, I have to tell you the crazy story about the squirrel that kept attacking us and trying to eat our food no matter where we put it. We finally put it in the car for safe keeping. I am really mad about that squirrel!
bahahaha!
I just read G's comment about her crazy squirrel.
"we finally put it in the car for safe keeping."
I thought for a second that she put the squirrel in the car for safe keeping.
Wow. what a funny funny thought. I bet it WAS the squirrel. She is brave like that, eh?
Post a Comment