Growing up, I often said "I wished I had a corner," meaning I wanted a little hideaway where I could get alone and just BE. It got to be kind of a joke in the family, but they understood what I meant - a spot just for me; to read, journal, garden, enjoy music, meditate on life, or pray. The "corner" I longed for wasn't even an actual place, but more, the opportunity to do those things I love. So, welcome and see what is going on in our family's corner!
Saturday, May 05, 2007
Maybe this is what a few of us needed to remember
2 Corinthians 4:16-18 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome!
If you're new to our blog, thanks for stopping by! In the right column, you'll also notice our other blog's link, and on down the column, you can choose topics to read about, or follow our year's highlights in chronological order. We love to have visitors and comments, so feel free to let us know what you thought.
5 comments:
This is one of my all time favorite verses! It just SO hits the spot everytime.
Amen. I've spent a lot of my week regaining perspective ... this totally fits. I need to hang this up somewhere.
Thank you so much, Jennifer. That's exactly what I needed.
Seriously. That was what my silly heart needed.
I feel like you just handed me a jug of Gatorade.
I so needed to hear that today. I feel the need to be renewed and am planning to have some great prayer time at church tonight. I'm even getting sitters for my kids so I can just focus on God. My cry for the day is...Create in me a clean heart O God. And renew a right spirit within me! Love ya!
oh my word.
you just gained 50 cool points for having a U2 song on your cd player.
seriously.
that's cool, Jennifer.
Post a Comment