
Hi. My name is Abigail and I'm obsessed with the show "Little House on the Prairie." I mean, I love it so much and don't know how I've missed out on it my whole life! My Mom just introduced me to it a week or two ago, and now I'm checking out the DVDs every time I go the library. I love learning about life in the United States from a pioneer's perspective, there are awesome horses and Indians in the shows, and Laura and Mary are my heroes. I want to be like Mary. Or Laura. I can't decide. I told Mom that when I see Laura's smile, it just makes my heart so happy!
Anyway, today I got in trouble, because I was crying and carrying on because I love this show so much and want to see Laura and Mary and be with them in heaven. Here are direct quotes:
But I'm just so tired of this earth-I'm ready to go to heaven now.
I just can't stand it anymore!!!
I don't think I'll miss that much fun stuff here. Well, I'll miss you, but...not that much.
Why can't I just die now? I don't care if I never go to gymnastics again!
My Mom and Dad talked about an intervention, whatever that is, and now I can't watch the shows for a while. Apparently they don't want me dying anytime soon so I can go to heaven and meet the Ingalls family. They just don't understand me. It's so hard being me. Oh well. I guess I will just try to be patient and maybe if I'm nice enough and promise to quit being so dramatic, then I can see another episode later today. I just LOVE that show.
6 comments:
Oh, my!
OK - so I am laughing hysterically over that one!!! I even had to get Jere to read it and his comment.."Jennifer is a nut!". I love that sweet Abigail! And I always loved LHOTP too!
I am afraid I have to join Abi in the LHOTPaholics group. My name is DonDee and I still turn on the show as I am on the computer or cleaning the living room or bedroom in the afternoon. I have tried to quit but I...just...can't (big collaspe into tears here). Maybe I should call my mom and have her take away my TV privileges...
I'd read the books over and over again, but there's something about that show that scares me in the whole "Alice in Wonderland/Wizard of Oz/Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" kinda way. Maybe it was Mary losing her sight. Or the fire. Or the weird episode on the mountain where Laura was lost. Sorry I can't relate, sweetie. I flip the channel as fast as possible if I pass it on the channel guide!!!!! I do love your drama, though. It's gonna make your Mommy and Daddy LOTS of money one day!!!
I feel your pain Abigail. I think Laura is the best, don't you? Calm down now, so that you can go back to watching more shows!
I have read this several times & laughed more each time!!!!!! Amy's comment is so true & hilariously funny. I remember Nelly riding a bike down some steep, grassy hill & covering my eyes in fear of a wreck. Her bouncy blond, perfect ringlet hair was altogether weird w/her devilish spirit!
Abby Rose, you are one of a kind & I love every ounce of you!!!!! I love your commitment to characters. You will always be my "LESLIE" from Bridge to Terabithia:). Oh dear, our passionate Abby!!!!!
Post a Comment