Friday, February 08, 2008

"You're just an angel baby!"

That's what we said when taking these photos, in silly high-pitched voices. :-) Abigail and I had a photo shoot of Elijah, who was so tolerant and adorable throughout wardrobe changes and set adjustments. We were playing with tulle left over from the baby shower and also put him in a sweet gown, on a gorgeous afghan from my great-aunt. Then, there are a couple of other photos from this past week with his adoring siblings, too. This baby just is too fun and he makes us all smile so much. I don't think a day goes by without Isaac coming over to kiss E's head, saying, "I'm so glad I have you, baby brother," or Abigail cooing and cuddling him. He's started really focusing in our faces, giving the occasional intentional smile and gurgle and we just melt. We're all smitten with his precious personality and sweet features. I marvel everyday that he's here, and am so grateful to God for his life.

Tomorrow Elijah will be 8 weeks old! I can't believe how fast this time is flying by. Recent milestones besides smiling at us, include lifting and turning his head, and pushing off of our shoulders when we're holding him, and just propping up, holding himself steady. He's really strong and it cracks us up, because he looks so small, but is pretty controlled with some movements. His dark hair is thinning, and he has a receding hairline, but there's new hair growing back in already. He also has slept great this week; several nights I've slept 4-5 hours straight and that didn't even happen with Abigail till she was 4 years old!! Don't think I haven't pointed out this week that her 7 week old brother is nearly sleeping better than she is at 5 1/2. :-) Elijah weighs close to 15 pounds, as best we can tell. We'll know for sure next week after our 2 month check up. He's a little "potbelly pig," as we say, because of his physique, and grunting noises. ha!



There are more ooey-gooey baby photos to come - hope you don't get tired of them. Too many of our family live far enough away that they don't get to see and enjoy watching Elijah growing so fast, so I just HAVE to post photos often. I know - it's such a burden. :-)

4 comments:

Tanya said...

It is not possible to get tired of seeing and adorable baby! Bring 'em on. We love to see that sweet little Elijah!

Unknown said...

He is an angel baby.=)

Ronda said...

What a sweetheart! I love these sweet pictures!

Amy said...

I love his White Flowers outfit!! I love him tooooo much.

Welcome!

If you're new to our blog, thanks for stopping by! In the right column, you'll also notice our other blog's link, and on down the column, you can choose topics to read about, or follow our year's highlights in chronological order. We love to have visitors and comments, so feel free to let us know what you thought.