Sweet, huh?
This was the other day when I was trying to do something and Elijah needed attention. Abigail said, "Here. Just put him in the sling. I'll hold him." She is so matter-of-fact about helping with him, like it's just the most natural thing in the world. I love it. So, I helped her put the Maya Wrap on, and we tucked E. down in there, and he was happy as could be. After this picture, she sat in the recliner and looked at photo albums with him for a while. It was pretty hilarious. She got tired eventually, probably due to his hefty self sitting on her and squashing her for so long.
If you're pregnant (like a bunch of you fellow bloggers), and don't have a sling or wrap for your baby, I would strongly urge you to try one. It is an incredible way to save your back and free up your arms, when you do want and/or need to hold your baby and still do other things. It sure makes shopping easier! Plus, snuggling this little bundle never gets old, but can be tiring and makes me weary if I don't have him in the sling. So, there's my commercial!
***[Important subplot - Yes, Abigail's face looks puffy, like she'd been crying. She had and was just getting over it. She had a wiggly tooth (#2) and it was hanging by one corner, pretty stubbornly, and was driving her crazy that morning. She'd worked so hard on getting it to that point, but then it started hurting, so she was tired and frustrated. She thought she looked like Nanny McPhee and was embarrassed by the way it was hanging and dangling awkwardly. I assured her she was way too cute to look like Nanny did, but it was a hard half hour. Thankfully, Abi asked that we pray about it to make her feel better, so we did, and she specifically asked God to make the tooth come out 'all by itself', since she just couldn't 'take it anymore'. I told her that doesn't happen really, but we'd just see. And, wouldn't you know, God let that crazy thing fall out in her sleep that night?!!! When we saw her that morning, and said, "Abi! Where's your tooth?" she didn't even know. It was in the bed, and had fallen out in her sleep, just like she'd prayed. I am amazed at her faith and my lack of it. Anyway, that was last Saturday/Sunday. She's lost another tooth since then, her bottom center left one - we're up to 3 empty spots in her mouth now. Just call her Snaggletooth.]***
5 comments:
I've been thinking about those wraps, especially how the hands free part would be nice since I'd be keeping up with another one when we go out. I like the idea too of how it keeps baby tucked away from people who want to handle/hold them. Are all slings the same style?
I am sort of crying, sighing & giggling as i stare at this sweet girl looking a bit "puffy faced", Nanny McPheed out, stressed from dangly teeth & all. She looks content & altogether glowing as she holds her sweet baby brother. I love hearing the "behind the scene action" that took place before her moment as a little helper. I mean, this is so Abby Rose. She had her fit about that tooth & then rested where God has her. She reminds me of myself in so many ways. This must be why we click so well;o). Oh, how Jesus has poured blessing upon blessing on your time at home---isn't it great that amidst chaotic moments, God brings a little sunshine to brighten the gloom.
Now, you remind my "Leslie" that "Nothing Can Crush Her", and that of course, Nanny M. has the sweetest heart (I love her character).
I am soaking in this pic & loving the moment. God's Plan: A little lovey, cuddly, grunting, Elijah to be the "sun in the rain". Hmmmmmmm...he reminds me of someone whom wears that sling more than Abby!!!! Hee:)
That's an adorable photo. My kids have a play sling they carry toys around in, but I've never let them carry a sibling in my sling. Maybe when the new baby arrives (and gets big enough), I'll have to try it. They would love it.
Woo hoo!!!!! for the sling and the tooth!!!
What a sweet big sis ... every time you post a picture of her, I'm filled with glimpses of you as a child, at least as I imagine you might have been. :) My sil let me borrow her Moby Wrap and I'm excited to try it out. It looks pretty easy to wrap but it will take some practice to get it right, I'm thinking. However, I don't think my 4 year old helper will be able to use it ... what a blessing for you. ;)
Post a Comment