Monday, April 07, 2008

Prayer for the Smith family

I just wanted to share something and hope you can find time to check this out, or at least pray for the Smith family. Through a weird way, on a blog I've subscribed to for a long time, I learned something about the guy in the Christian music group, Selah. He (Todd Smith) originally started the group with his sister (Nicol). I've loved their music for years, and even quoted lyrics from a great song they do on my blog this Easter.
Anyway, Todd is married to Angie, and they have 3 girls, and she lost their 4th today. The baby's name is Audrey Caroline, and she had multiple defects and problems that they were aware of from ultrasounds during the pregnancy, and just lived 2 hours. I read Angie's whole blog, from January till today, just this evening. It's powerful writing and so good. (Small world - she even has Boothe's blog linked to hers, who is the mom of Copeland, whom I just mentioned again the other day). It is really sad, but also is great, great reading.
So, though it's difficult, you may want to just check it out. Especially read the post {4:7} if you can. It just challenged my perspective and reminded me how I have zero to whine about or regret about difficulties in my life. I keep having that kind of thing happen. Guess maybe God is trying to teach me something. I think I'm thankful and trusting Him, but I can't imagine having the same attitude if I was facing what this family is, and that bothers me. I want to be there. I'm even scared to type that, after some of us have just discussed how the way to get what you pray for is to face a trial that will teach you that character trait. Whew.
So, I'm going to hug my babies, tell my family how much they mean to me, and try to get more serious about trusting and obedience. I pray you're motivated by this family's faith in whatever struggles you may be having. And, it's not that our trials don't matter if they aren't dealing with losing a baby, so I don't mean to imply that. We all do have struggles that are overwhelming in an earthly sense, and without hope that a Sovereign God cares and is aware of it all. I just know how I can become overwhelmed because I don't turn to the One who holds our lives in His hands, and try to carry the burden alone. If you have already figured that out, then excuse my hard-headedness. I'm just slow.
Here is the link - http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Amy said...

Jody had this linked in her blog, and I read it last week. Isn't it weird how we all find the same people some how or another? Thank you for the reminder to pray for them...

Jenn said...

Love this group too...love this post & thank you for sharing...

Welcome!

If you're new to our blog, thanks for stopping by! In the right column, you'll also notice our other blog's link, and on down the column, you can choose topics to read about, or follow our year's highlights in chronological order. We love to have visitors and comments, so feel free to let us know what you thought.