Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pre-Christmas Rock


Abigail is like her mom in many ways, and one is her love of music. She decided last week that we need to crank out the Christmas tunes, though we aren't even decorating our house till after Thanksgiving. Her request was for the "Christmas Rock CD" and though I knew what she meant, it still made me laugh. We adore Trans-Siberian Orchestra and love listening to their music, and though it's been 11 months since we have heard it, Abigail hadn't forgotten her favorite, "the electric guitar song." It's actually called Wizards in Winter, and is commonly known as 'the song that guy programmed his outdoor Christmas lights to' and was all over the news a few years back. They are an amazing, non-traditional orchestra, with a lot of rock concert elements thrown in, like pyrotechnics and laser lighting. The musicians are so talented, and their shows are unique, powerful, and moving. We've seen them in concert twice. If you haven't, please watch a clip later on YouTube (maybe this one) to get an idea of what they are like.

Meanwhile, you can enjoy Abigail's appreciation in a video clip here, as well as a few photos. And, yes, Elijah was a little scared, and no, I'm not nearly as uninhibited in my enjoyment of them.


6 comments:

Kim said...

LOVE it. My Silas is just that way; rocking through the house to whatever music I'm playing.

Amy said...

I love it! She rocks just like her Aunt Amy!! lol... ;)

Anonymous said...

This child is a constant source of joy and laughter. Thanks God for giving us such a free spirited granddaughter.

Jackie said...

I love it! Rock on Abigail.

Missy said...

Jennifer we really need to get our kids together. Abbey and Lana would have so much fun together. And it's so cool that they where born on the same day!
She is so cute :)

Did you have a c section with her? I didn't think you did. It must have been Elijah?

Thanks for your comments about my toe...it made me feel that maybe I'm not crazy after all!

care-in said...

Oh come on, I can see you dancing right along!!!

Welcome!

If you're new to our blog, thanks for stopping by! In the right column, you'll also notice our other blog's link, and on down the column, you can choose topics to read about, or follow our year's highlights in chronological order. We love to have visitors and comments, so feel free to let us know what you thought.