Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Week of Elijah: Reminiscing

I've been pondering a lot these past few days, recalling memories of the past year with Elijah's birth, and the events that led up to it. There are a lot of details that are already fuzzy in my brain. I'm so thankful that I documented so much of the pregnancy and the journey toward becoming a mama to 3. Re-reading his birth story tonight again reminded me of the blessing we've been given, and how truly amazed I am that God chooses to answer our prayers so beautifully. The picture of grace that our children are in our lives overwhelms me again and again.

Seeing those pictures that we took just over a year ago, with the word hope meaningfully included, so clearly parallels and illustrates the other Birth that we are celebrating in this season as well. Both lives began with a surprising pregnancy, a difficult entrance to life on earth, and both children were born into a world that is full of fear, beauty, wonder, and disappointment. However, I'm even more grateful for that other Baby's birth, that gives us HOPE through the triumphs and trials to come for my little ones. I think I disagree with those who say it's a shame to be born at this time of year, due to the "competition" with Christmas festivities. What an honor to share a birthday season with the time we focus on celebrating Christ's birth. I pray that Elijah, whose name means The Lord is my God, will live up to honoring the One who has given him life. Happy birthday eve, sweet son. My heart is overflowing with gratitude for you and all God is teaching me through you.

3 comments:

care-in said...

This is beautiful!

Jackie said...

Your words remind me that it is a blessing to be born at such a wonderful time of year. Thank you.

Christina Marie said...

You have such a beautiful family and it has a lot to do with how you & James hold the gang together I just love to watch you in action and show what a sweet mama you really are =0)

hugs,
~C

Welcome!

If you're new to our blog, thanks for stopping by! In the right column, you'll also notice our other blog's link, and on down the column, you can choose topics to read about, or follow our year's highlights in chronological order. We love to have visitors and comments, so feel free to let us know what you thought.