Growing up, I often said "I wished I had a corner," meaning I wanted a little hideaway where I could get alone and just BE. It got to be kind of a joke in the family, but they understood what I meant - a spot just for me; to read, journal, garden, enjoy music, meditate on life, or pray. The "corner" I longed for wasn't even an actual place, but more, the opportunity to do those things I love. So, welcome and see what is going on in our family's corner!
Monday, April 16, 2007
How I love Isaac
I love your infectious giggle. I loved watching you learn to walk, then run, then hop on one foot, then ride a bike. I love that you made me a mama. I love your determination to learn new things. I love that we named you and your name fits you perfectly. I love your hugs. I love seeing Daddy play with you. I love watching you as a great big brother to Abigail. I love how you are crazy about animals, especially when you say that our rabbits are silly, or Sugar is sad, or the skink is happy to see us. I love your sapphire blue eyes. I love your passion for music. I love your contentment at just being home with our family. I love your jokes that make no sense. I love your good manners. I love your enthusiasm for life. I love that you're so happy outdoors. I love it when people say you look like me. I love it when you say you miss Gramma and Granddaddy, because they're so important in your life. I love it when you pray for us to have a farm someday. I love that you watch birds out of your window and know their names. I love that you sleep so peacefully. I love your snaggle tooth smile. I love that you love chocolate and coffee, like me. I love that your heart is so tender toward the downcast, elderly, or physically challenged. I love that you love Auburn football so much. I love that you never fail to see an emergency vehicle's lights. I love that you can eat more than me. I love it that you're so neat. I love seeing you snuggle with Gramma, or ask Granddaddy to rub your back. I love your long legs and sweet feet. I love watching you fish with Daddy. I love when you say, "Abi makes me laugh!" I love that you've pulled 8 teeth, all by yourself. I love it when you say I'm silly for being sad that you're growing up. I love how you take care of younger friends. I love you for knowing how to play hard. I love how you want to be a soldier. I love that every day you say, "It's a beautiful day, isn't it?" I love that God thought we were worthy of you. I love that I cry because I love you so much. I love you how you say, "No, I love YOU more!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome!
If you're new to our blog, thanks for stopping by! In the right column, you'll also notice our other blog's link, and on down the column, you can choose topics to read about, or follow our year's highlights in chronological order. We love to have visitors and comments, so feel free to let us know what you thought.
8 comments:
This is beautiful Jennifer! Have you scrapped it yet?!!
That made me cry!
I love you all.
tears here too. :) absolutely beautiful ... what a treasure you are for each other. so happy that God put your little family together so uniquely.
You made me cry, too! That was beautiful.
I never knew that story and of course...it made me cry. Thank you for sharing.
I can't believe our little boy is 8!
Carlie was so excited when Isaac was officially adopted. She had a kindred spirit. She said then that she could share that with him. She could tell him how special they are because their Mom's got to choose them and that God chose their Mom's just for them!
Over the years when I tell the story about Isaac and about Carlie I always have people look at me odd! It isn't odd for us.
It has also been easier to explain how God adopt us into his family.
I have always felt so blessed and honored that God chose me to raise Carlie. I know you feel the same way about Isaac.
God has had His hand on both of these children from birth. I have never doubted for one second that He has a special purpose for them, which is why He protected them.
I can hardly wait to see what God has planned for each of them.
How absolutely precious! What a blessing he is to all of you and to us! Tears too!
And still true today, I am sure!!! There is just a bigger boy to love.
Post a Comment