Friday, April 13, 2007

Silly Girl Stories

My Abigail is quite a character. I have to share these great stories from this week, and they're too long to put under the Kid Quotes.
STORY #1
Here is our conversation from last night at bedtime:
Abi - Mom, can you sing a lullaby to us?
Me - Sure, which one?
Abi - Do you know any new ones, that are different maybe?
Me - Well, I don't know....
Abi - (quickly) I know! How 'bout That Kiss?
Me - (very puzzled) Ummmm, I don't think I know that one.
(I have to admit, at this point, I was thinking of the Prince song "Kiss" since it's on the Happy Feet soundtrack, and we just got that movie, but I didn't think she'd remember that, and I wasn't going to sing it!)
Abi - Yes, you do! It goes "That kiss...in a sycamore tree"...uh...you know?
Me - (trying not to fall apart laughing) Oh!! You mean, Zaccheus?! Yeah, I know that one. I didn't know it was a lullaby though.
STORY #2
We are very fortunate to have some friends at church who are like family to us. We often say that we are like sisters, and Abigail has picked up on that, claiming one of my friend's daughters as her pretend sister. Today, Abi went to Amy's house to play with her daughter and while there, had to use the restroom. Sweet Amy called, saying that Abi had pooped in the potty and needed to be wiped, but she was upstairs and Amy was downstairs with the baby, who had just gone to sleep on her, and she asked could Abigail clean her bottom herself. I said that was fine, but she may balk at being told that. Of course, she did, and so Amy had to wake the baby to go upstairs and handle everything. She did it lovingly and without complaining, but I felt awful. However, the best part was that when they brought Abi home, I asked her about it, and told her she could've just done it herself. She said, "Well, I wanted to wait on Mrs. Amy. I had to wait a LONG time too. But, it was o.k. Laney read to me the whole time I sat there." We adults could hardly regain composure, and Amy's quote afterwards was classic - "Greater love hath no man than this - that he would read to a friend in the bathroom while waiting on his friend's bottom to be wiped."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are so hilarious! You really need to put these into an album!

Graced said...

That really is true love. And you are blessed to have a friend that would wake up her son to wipe your child's bottom! Don't feel bad, I'm sure you will do something very similar in the near future!

Anonymous said...

I am so gald to know I am not the only mom still wipping my 4yr old's bottom

Welcome!

If you're new to our blog, thanks for stopping by! In the right column, you'll also notice our other blog's link, and on down the column, you can choose topics to read about, or follow our year's highlights in chronological order. We love to have visitors and comments, so feel free to let us know what you thought.