Monday, September 24, 2007

My funny, funny girl

These quotes are actual conversations, and were not contrived in any way. They just "happened." Abigail cracks us up with her silly comments, and many times doesn't understand why we are laughing. The following anecdotes all occurred this past week. It's been a riot around here, let me tell you! :-)

Last week, Abigail asked, "Mom, after school, would you like a cool refreshment out in the pool with me?"
*************************************************************************************
Saturday we were doing yardwork, which she greatly enjoys, like me. She insisted on digging holes for the mums I was planting. Before I knew it, she was sitting in the flowerbed, barefoot, and exclaimed, "Oh, this dirt feels so good and cool. I just have to put my feet in it. It even smells good!"

**************************************************************************************
Saturday night as she was getting ready for bed, she walked through our room, and heard my radio broadcasting the Auburn game. She was walking into our bathroom to brush her teeth and I overheard her talking to herself. Her deep love for Auburn football she gets honestly from me, and I wish you could've heard her sweet voice and the concern oozing:

"Oh, I sure hope Auburn wins tonight. I mean, those poor football players. We just love them so much, and they're just having a hard year! They haven't been winning much. I sure do hope they beat Mippissippi, or the Bulldogs, or whoever they're playing. They just have to keep trying hard..." Thankfully, those Tigers did win, and big!

**************************************************************************************
At the Chinese restaurant yesterday after church, we opened our fortune cookies.
Hers appropriately read, 'You have a keen sense of humor and bring out the best in others.

We laughed, and said, "Yep, that's Abigail."
Then, I opened mine. It read, 'Work is the true elixir of life. The busiest man is the happiest man.'
I sat, puzzled and said, "Huh. Confucius does not know me. I'm perfectly content being lazy." Abigail quickly replied, and said, "Yeah, well, that must've been Dad's cookie."

**************************************************************************************
Today, when getting dressed before starting schoolwork, she asked me to come in her room. This one is kinda inexplicable and strange:
Abigail asked, "Mom, when I'm bigger, can I get a rainbow-sparkly dress to get married in?"
I said, "Well, maybe....usually you pick out whatever kind of dress you want." She responded, "Yeah, because the mens give you diamonds."

No comments:

Welcome!

If you're new to our blog, thanks for stopping by! In the right column, you'll also notice our other blog's link, and on down the column, you can choose topics to read about, or follow our year's highlights in chronological order. We love to have visitors and comments, so feel free to let us know what you thought.