This week was an amazing adventure, as our family, including my parents and brother, spend 5 days in Disney World. With a new camera and tons of precious moments, you can imagine some of the 700 photos I took will be showing up here sooner or later. **WARNING!** If you are anti-Disney or get exhausted viewing the "magic" we experienced while there, please check back in about a week from now, because this will take numerous posts to cover and do it justice. I am not trying to sell this kind of trip to anyone, but I do have to say how wonderful it is to be in such a fun place with people you love. Our kids behaved wonderfully, and were troopers despite walking miles and miles a day, in 80+ degree heat and typical Florida humidity. I am afraid I was much more whiny than they were. (See the post here to understand why it was so hard at times.)
Anyway, the intro to this trip is that about this time last year, my parents mentioned we might consider going to WDW together during 2008. Mom said she'd prefer February, since it would be after the holidays, the temperature would be nice, and the crowds lessened. We started making plans then, agreeing the kids would be at great ages, and we'd have enough time to plan and save for such a large vacation. However, when we got pregnant when we did, and realized the January due date, February didn't seem like such a great idea anymore. We agreed to bump the trip up to October, which was as late in the pregnancy as we felt was feasible, but also would be maybe a tiny bit more pleasant weather-wise. In late May, I booked our hotel rooms, dining plan, park tickets, and reserved our big meals and Dad made the airline arrangements. We've been counting the days ever since, so when the early hours of October 15th arrived, we were raring to go. Stay tuned for our first day's recap!
Growing up, I often said "I wished I had a corner," meaning I wanted a little hideaway where I could get alone and just BE. It got to be kind of a joke in the family, but they understood what I meant - a spot just for me; to read, journal, garden, enjoy music, meditate on life, or pray. The "corner" I longed for wasn't even an actual place, but more, the opportunity to do those things I love. So, welcome and see what is going on in our family's corner!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome!
If you're new to our blog, thanks for stopping by! In the right column, you'll also notice our other blog's link, and on down the column, you can choose topics to read about, or follow our year's highlights in chronological order. We love to have visitors and comments, so feel free to let us know what you thought.
5 comments:
I'm on the edge of my seat!! lol (really-I'm not kidding...)
Yippy! I ditto Amy! Can't wait for the amazing pics. So thrilled that y'all had a blessed & safe trip. Now it's time to celebrate YOU, BiRtHdAy
GiRl!!!
I'm so glad you guys had a great time and are back home safely! Can't wait to hear all about it!
I can't wait to see how much fun you had!
Post a Comment