We had a fun Fourth of July and days following, and enjoyed a few different activities throughout the holiday weekend. James had a rough night at work Thursday night, so slept for a while Friday. Once he woke up, we joined the Wright family for delicious Full Moon BBQ, and then we went to the Helena Amphitheater to 'enjoy' Elvis afterwards. James had to return to work though, so didn't get to share that wonderful treat with us. (Poor man.):-) The fireworks following were much more fun, and our kids played throughout the evening, in the park, and ran and climbed for hours. It was so pleasant temperature-wise, which I can only attribute to having Jason, the meteorologist, in our presence. I've never known of such a mild July fourth.
On Saturday we celebrated my Dad's mom's birthday at her home. We split the food responsibilities up, and ate well, visited, made homemade ice cream, and had water balloon fights. It was pretty awesome. Mamaw is a precious grandmother and great-grandmother, and spending the afternoon there brought back lots of dear childhood memories.
Then, Sunday was a huge milestone for Shelby Crossings, as our church welcomed our new music minister. We've been on quite a journey for the last couple of years, and God has blessed us with someone who will be a tremendous asset to our faith family. Having been part of the worship minister search team, I'm especially relieved God literally sent us this man, and made our job so simple. We're so thankful to have Adam Cunningham and his family joining us, and leading us in worship. He is a talented, powerful singer and musician, and has two songs on frequent rotation on Christian radio. Their family is already moving down this next week from Nashville. It's an exciting time for us all, and we are praising God for answering our prayers in such a dramatic way!
I didn't take too many pictures during our fun activities, since I've been struggling with sinus crud and just didn't feel too perky. Here are some:
Growing up, I often said "I wished I had a corner," meaning I wanted a little hideaway where I could get alone and just BE. It got to be kind of a joke in the family, but they understood what I meant - a spot just for me; to read, journal, garden, enjoy music, meditate on life, or pray. The "corner" I longed for wasn't even an actual place, but more, the opportunity to do those things I love. So, welcome and see what is going on in our family's corner!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome!
If you're new to our blog, thanks for stopping by! In the right column, you'll also notice our other blog's link, and on down the column, you can choose topics to read about, or follow our year's highlights in chronological order. We love to have visitors and comments, so feel free to let us know what you thought.



2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a blast!!
do u feel better?
how exciting for shelby crossings!!!!! yeah...praise Him!
what a fun day...kids look so cute.
Post a Comment