Sunday, October 12, 2008

So much to blog...so little time





I'm behind - way behind - on blogging. I miss it terribly, and think daily of things I want to document or share on here. Life is good for our family, but right now our youngest member isn't keen on my sitting at the computer. I even have to check email in record time, while standing! The only reason I'm blogging now is because he is asleep and I'm not falling over asleep myself - yet. :-)

This past week was James' birthday week (40th!), and I wanted to at least acknowledge that. I made a carrot cake at his request on his actual birthday, which we enjoyed, and Elijah especially loved the cream cheese icing with orange zest. I'll have to share a video of that. We decorated our house with handmade signs, had an outing to go bowling, and Abigail scored a strike on her first try!

Friday night a few couples met up with us for dinner, which was a blast, and it was so fun to have a rare night without children, (except for Elijah of course). We also enjoyed a visit to Aldridge Gardens with my parents and yesterday was a visit with James' parents, sister, and brother-in-law. We are so thankful for the family and friends who love and celebrated my well-deserving husband. He is a treasure and though he's not the type to want a big ol' celebration in his honor, he sure is worthy of one. I wonder if I can list 40 reasons I love him...that would be a great post. I'll have to work on it. There are even more reasons than that, but I'm not sure if there is adequate time...

Anyway, in the meantime, here a few pictures of the highlights of the week, and the aforementioned video. Hopefully, I'll be back soon.


1 comment:

Amy said...

He loves icing like his brother and his auntie!!! Yea!! Your shirt is super cute and I love that picture. Aside from the clothes. Yea for you blogging. I miss you blogging too...

Welcome!

If you're new to our blog, thanks for stopping by! In the right column, you'll also notice our other blog's link, and on down the column, you can choose topics to read about, or follow our year's highlights in chronological order. We love to have visitors and comments, so feel free to let us know what you thought.