Sunday, May 17, 2009

Relay for Life Wrap-Up

Thank you so much for your support as I participated in the West Shelby County Relay for Life. It was an amazing event, filled with emotion. I walked in honor of my Mom, who has been cancer free for several years now, and in memory of a precious little girl, Cassidy, who our church family just lost in March. A story was done on the Schuttingas, and in the photo with it, you'll see me holding Elijah in the middle of the background behind the Schuttingas.

If you've never joined a Walk for Life, I highly recommend it. It was a beautiful occasion to focus on life, and how valuable it it - worth fighting for. Your financial support was so helpful, and I exceeded my goal of personally raising $200. More than 300 walkers participated in the event. A total of 34 teams raised over $60,000. Our Shelby Crossings team raised the most money at this Relay also! I appreciate your gift so very much.

http://www.shelbycountyreporter.com/news/2009/may/14/family-walks-memory-daughter-sister/

No comments:

Welcome!

If you're new to our blog, thanks for stopping by! In the right column, you'll also notice our other blog's link, and on down the column, you can choose topics to read about, or follow our year's highlights in chronological order. We love to have visitors and comments, so feel free to let us know what you thought.