What a gift we received for our anniversary today! After a few weeks of discussion, praying, and talking with Elijah, he decided on the spot tonight at our church's gathering at Oak Mountain's lake to be baptized. James and I stepped aside to talk with him seriously about the commitment he has made to follow Jesus, and explain that baptism is a beautiful and bold step to identify as a believer in Him and demonstrate that to everyone in attendance. He was firm, convinced, and sure of his faith and that there was no reason to wait to tell everyone. James stepped forward as Pastor Ken asked if others were interested in baptism since he was able to continue if so. In a precious show of faith, several young children also came forward to publicly proclaim their belief in Christ at that time.



I am so thankful that we have a body of believers who encourage and
accept such young faith as genuine as can be, even if these little ones
are not mature by the world's standard. Their conviction and
determination to follow the Lord are as real as they can be at that
point, and we look forward to watching and helping Elijah grow in his
faith. Right now, I can't imagine a better gift for our anniversary than
to publicly acknowledge our precious son is also now our brother in the
faith.

Mark 10:15 Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.”
1 comment:
Wow, what a special day & anniversary gift! So happy for Elijah, ya'll & our family. I pray the Lord will keep him strong & growing in faith his whole life! I love ya'll so much, Mom
Post a Comment